Oh, this sounds like a typical Quora post, but let’s try to jot it down here, quickly. Um, so, I am not particularly fond of doctors but I do admire their work and ‘patience’ (while they handle incessant patients). Anyway, since birth, I have come across many doctors and after today’s visit, I realized that there are three things which set a doctor apart.
Disclaimer – views will read stupid, but in life, what’s not?!
When she’s done writing all the tablets you have to gobble down thrice a day and you meekly ask, “What about food? What to avoid?”. And she’s like, “Eat whatever, my boy!“. There and then, you know that she is the one!
- You spot a silver circular top stool inside her room. Let’s admit that even Gods can’t resist rotating themselves on them. Swirl till the time doctor enters the room. Perfect entertainment, since childhood! Studies have shown that these stools lower anxiety by at least 67%.
- When she patiently hears out your monologue despite the fact that there are a 100 patients standing outside, for one full minute. Well, that’s really something. Oh wait, now that I think of it, I paid a thousand bucks for that consultation. Maybe, I should strike this point out!
Well that’s my list which isn’t really exhaustive (in any sense). Do share, what you feel (or not feel) about Doctors.
PS: I love doctors, including my brother.
Where is my place
I’m still figuring out;
Where is my place
Looms my biggest doubt.
Is it under the sun or over the moon,
Wherever it is, I want to find it soon.
Is it in the hands of some political goon
But tell me, why should I dance to their tune.
My place will be mine
It’s mine to decide;
I have made mistakes but at least I’ve tried.
Confused and dazed I search for my place,
When will time come to end this chase.
My life has been enlightened since I met this beautiful Mallu chic, however this does not come without its own set of pitfalls. Read on to find out what they are:
Disclaimer: All the views expressed below are derived from my own experience. Try them at home at your own expense.
- She is a confused Indian: Is she from a forbidden country in the Middle East? Does she have a fancy accent? Does she think too high of herself? Am I confusing you? Ok. Have you ever heard her make the following remark:
‘McDonald’s!, who eats at McDonald’s?’
Well, now you know you’re in big trouble.
- The great wall of language barriers: If your chic does not speak Hindi and you are a north Indian guy like me you have three options:
a. You take a course on sign language
b. You learn Malayalam
c. You pretend to be dumb (which kind of compliments the sign language point 😉 )
- Turmoil of the cuisines: Food for her is sometimes just a cup of coffee or a bag of chips. Yeah that chapati and dal which was always a complete meal for you would now be a distant dream 😉
Also, be prepared for rice, a lot of rice.
- What is love? If she happens to compete with you in every single hobby of your and beats the shit out of you then just admit that your game is over. You definitely need to go try your luck on someone else now! And BTW love = competition for her 😉
Hope that you now know what things you need to take care of in case you want to date a Mallu chic. All the best!